Saturday, November 28, 2009

Pantry Necessities

In case of colitis, don't forget the hamburger and rice solution.

After writing the warning about giving too much turkey dinner to your dogs, I discovered that the Jacket had a little too much handouts. Poor little guy was up all night.

Good thing I keep a supply of ground beef in the freezer and instant rice in the pantry. I don't know if other people do this, but I pour off the grease after the beef is browned and rinse the ground beef after cooking to make sure it is as plain and gentle on his stomach as possible.

He kept his breakfast down all day and found time to sneak out of the house and visit one of the neighborhood dogs. M'guess he's ok.

My neighbors don't believe me when I tell them my dog will be showing in obedience possibly in spring. Can't blame them. The only time they see him is when he's running loose through the woods and fields with me chasing after him - barefoot and in shorts in 40 degree weather.

In which case, my fallback excuse is golden retrievers aren't trustworthy outside and offleash until three or four - especially in an area where there are children and dogs.

I'll be giving him the rest of his hamburger and rice mixed with half a cup of his regular food for his supper tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment