Wednesday, November 25, 2009

What is this?



This is a training blog with special attention to dog training (AKC Show/Competition Obedience). I'll also talk about dogs and doggy stuff here.

I have no idea how frequently I'll have time to update this, but it was something that occurred to me a while back that it would be more fun than a big ball of wax to try.

I'm a dog trainer.

It is something I do as a hobby - mainly because it is easier to train dogs than it is to train their owners. :)

This blog is mainly here for me to hit on various points that I've learned and hopefully share them with people who might have just brought a puppy home and are trying to decide what they are going to do with said puppy.

Or I will simply use this blog as a place to rant and babble about things that I've observed over my many years of training my dogs and attending dog class.

Feel free to comment and correct me if you think I'm wrong. Or if you have questions. I do not claim to be an expert on everything, but I'll try to help.

*Pictured above are my dogs Danny and Jack.

Danny unfortunately passed away around this same time last year. He was the first dog I 'really' trained (I trained our dogs before him, but not official AKC obedience stuff) and though he is gone he is the one that will remain dearest to my heart.

The little one blurring around Danny is the dog I'm mainly training now, Jack (Jacket). He is probably the only dog I've had that WANTS to be trained and is full of promise. If his hips clear, he may definitely be my first dog to go into the upper levels of show obedience (the classes where the dogs must jump their height).

No comments:

Post a Comment