Saturday, February 13, 2010

Westminster Show!!!

Will be on Monday night at 8PM.

The elegance, beauty and grace of the canine athletes combine with the excitement of the competition in the world's most famous sporting arena before a live national television audience. The result is an event that is the dog show world's version of the Super Bowl and Academy Awards. But even greater, The Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show is a celebration of the wonderful canine spirit, reflecting our emotional and spiritual attachment to our dogs.


I will be watching to root for my favorite dogs. I always hope there will come a day that I get to see my favorite breed (golden retriever) win the BIS.

If you are watching -

- The dogs compete against those of their own breed to determine the best of breed.

- Then they compete against the best of breeds in their group (sporting, toy, hound, terrier, working, nonsporting, and herding).

- Then the best of each group goes up against each other to determine the best in show.

Like all other 'big' shows, there are certain dogs who always seem to win.

Go HERE for a list of the show winners going back the past 100 years.

When I look at the list, I see a LOT of terriers winning. No goldens. *weeps* I still hope to see the day happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment